- Raccoons raiding garbage cans may be discouraged by storing the garbage only in metal or tough plastic containers with tight-fitting, secured lids. It frequently is necessary to wire weigit or clamp the lids down to prevent raccoons from removing them to get at garbage.
- The best method to remove raccoons from around building is via the use of live traps. some raccoons readily enter live traps on first encounter, while others remain way ofthe traps for several days. Push the trap back and forth on the ground to work the bottom of the trap into the earth. Also, when the traps are located on the ground in the raccoons travel ways, disguise the traps as best as possible using twigs, branches and so forth,
- Prebait the trap by placing baits in and around the trap and twist-tie the trap door open for two or three days. This will allow a raccoon to feed freely and become accustomed to the metalobject that provides free food, thus increasing chances of capturing wary individuals.
- Peanut butter, Vanilla wafers, marshmallows, twinkies, whole raw egg is attractive to raccoons.Tiny amounts of baits should be placed in a trail leading into the trap, with the major portion of the bait placed at the back end or closed end of the trap. Raccoons tend to be naturally attracted to shiny objects. Adding a wadded up piece of aluminum foil in the trap may help to stimulate their curiosity.
- Traps should be placed in areas of greatest activity; the areas include around garbage cans, near entrance to dens located in crawlspace or basements and base of three that may serve as connection routes to the roof and chimney.
MANUFACTURER RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS AND TREATMENT FOR Raccoons CONTROL
Pests need food, water, and shelter. Often the problem may be solved just by removing these key items. Before even thinking about chemical pest control, it is important to be aware of Pest’s Conducive conditions & It’s Recommendations.
Pesticides can be purchased in many different forms, each form has specific uses and application methods The pesticide application method you choose depends on the nature and habits of the target pest, the properties of the pesticide, the suitability of the application equipment, and the cost and efficiency of alternative methods. Your choice is often predetermined by one or more of these factors. Follow label directions for volume recommendations and application rates based on the pest to be controlled and utilize appropriate application tips on equipment. , these application methods are for informational purposes only. To know specific applications method/s for the product you buy, please refer actual packages for complete Label Verbiage.