Wild rabbits prosper in a variety of habitats, where an abundance of natural cover to hide, nest and eat is available. Cottontails are most active at dawn and dusk.
Wild rabbits can do considerable damage to flowers, vegetables, trees and shrubs any time of the year, especially in places such as suburban yards, rural fields and tree plantations.
Wild rabbits will eat your precious flowers and vegetables and can damage trees and shrubs by clipping stems, buds and small branches and by girdling larger trees.
- Remove brushy and weedy habitat.
- An 18-inch high fence can exclude cottontails from small areas. Fences need to be high and maintained through winter and early spring.
- On individual plants, use 1-inch or less mesh.
- Most domestic dogs can discourage rabbits.
- Wrap Individual plants with plastics, papers, metals, nettings that wrap individual plants.
- Rabbit Exclusion
- Fencing is an effective option for all critters who venture where they are not wanted. Putting up chicken wire or hardware cloth gets the job done.
- Be sure to place it two to three feet high (so a rabbit standing on its hind legs cannot reach the plant being protected) and bury it two to three inches into the ground.
MANUFACTURER RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS AND TREATMENT FOR Rabbit CONTROL
Pests need food, water, and shelter. Often the problem may be solved just by removing these key items. Before even thinking about chemical pest control, it is important to be aware of Pest’s Conducive conditions & It’s Recommendations.
Pesticides can be purchased in many different forms, each form has specific uses and application methods The pesticide application method you choose depends on the nature and habits of the target pest, the properties of the pesticide, the suitability of the application equipment, and the cost and efficiency of alternative methods. Your choice is often predetermined by one or more of these factors. Follow label directions for volume recommendations and application rates based on the pest to be controlled and utilize appropriate application tips on equipment. , these application methods are for informational purposes only. To know specific applications method/s for the product you buy, please refer actual packages for complete Label Verbiage.