Size: Adults are 1/16 to 1/8 inch long
Eggs are laid in salt marshes, in mud and plant debris in fresh water, amd in dump, rotten holes In trees. Larvae leave in mud or decaying plant material in which they hatch.
Since their behavior, size and feeding habits are very similar, knowing exactly which species is taking a bite out of you is all but impossible. No-see-ums are the smallest blood-sucking insects on earth and, like the mosquito, only the female’s bite. They require the proteins from blood to make their eggs.
Inflict severe bites that may take several weeks to heal. In many area areas, they force people to stay indoors on days when they are numerous. They constitute a serious economic problem in many summer resort areas and other recreational areas. Their bites are so annoying that people can not enjoy themselves in the presence of these flies. No see ums can also be vectors of disease in livestock.
- No See Um Bug is naturally repelled by Lemongrass. Plant Lemongrass in the patio container or in ground to keep the No See Um Bug away from your windows or doors.
- Break Lemon grass and rub on your body. Before you do it see Lemon grass is not allergic to you
- Hang an electric bug zapper outside. In addition to electric bug zappers, place outdoor citronella candles around relaxation areas, such as patios and decks. Light the candles to repel the insects.
- Insects are naturally drawn to the brightness. Keeping unnecessary lights off may keep them away.
- For people who want to avoid the use of chemicals, the CDC (Center for Disease Control) also recommends the use of oil of lemon eucalyptus, which is almost as effective as DEET. Consumer Reports recommends a product called Repel Lemon Eucalyptus, which does contain a minute amount of biochemical pesticide but is far less toxic than DEET. One of the simplest and easiest ways to prevent getting bit by no-see-ums is wind. A ceiling fan, small house fan or an afternoon breeze will suffice to keep down the no-see-ums since they are so tiny that almost any breeze, natural or otherwise, keeps them from getting aloft.
MANUFACTURER RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS AND TREATMENT FOR No-See-Ums or punkies or sand flies CONTROL
Pests need food, water, and shelter. Often the problem may be solved just by removing these key items. Before even thinking about chemical pest control, it is important to be aware of Pest’s Conducive conditions & It’s Recommendations.
Pesticides can be purchased in many different forms, each form has specific uses and application methods The pesticide application method you choose depends on the nature and habits of the target pest, the properties of the pesticide, the suitability of the application equipment, and the cost and efficiency of alternative methods. Your choice is often predetermined by one or more of these factors. Follow label directions for volume recommendations and application rates based on the pest to be controlled and utilize appropriate application tips on equipment. , these application methods are for informational purposes only. To know specific applications method/s for the product you buy, please refer actual packages for complete Label Verbiage.