- Product Features & Specs
Product Name Kaput - D Pocket Gopher Bait Active Ingredient diphacinone - 0.005% Brand Name Kaput Target Pest
Kaput-D Pocket Gopher comprised of tiny red grains that will kill gophers on golf courses, lawns, rangeland and other areas without crops.
For use in
Lawn, Turf and Rangeland
Bait can be applied by hand, in underground bait stations, or with a gopher probe. Kaput-D Pocket Gopher Bait is manufactured with either winter wheat or milo, using the anticoagulant diphacinone. After initial treatment, if fresh mounds appear after 2 -3 weeks, repeat treatment.
Use a pointed metal rod to probe for the main burrow. The probe will “give” when the burrow is penetrated. Remove the probe. Insert a funnel into the hole. Apply 1/2 cup Kaput bait into the burrow. Carefully plug the hole with leaves, grass or similar material to prevent light from entering and soil from covering the bait. Make 2-3 applications per burrow system. Repeat treatment if fresh mounds appear after 2-3 weeks
Using a long-handled teaspoon, remove the plug from the mound. Carefully deposit 1/2 cup of Kaput bait as far as possible into the burrow. Close the opening with soil, being careful not to cover the bait. Treat again if fresh mounds appear after 2-3 weeks.
Method 3: If using the Sub-Station (underground bait station) place 1 lb. of Kaput bait in the station. Align the openings of the station with the tunnel system, then cover the station with dirt. Add bait to the station as necessary.
Method 4: When using a hand probe applicator, insert the tip into the burrow system, making certain to penetrate the tunnel. Follow the directions on the applicator and dispense 1/2 cup of bait into the gopher burrow. Remove the probe and close the remaining hole by placing a sod plug over it or kicking the opening closed. Treat again if fresh mounds appear after 2-3 weeks. Follow-up: Wearing waterproof gloves, collect and dispose of all dead animals and leftover bait properly. Clean all application equipment thoroughly with hot water and detergent. Do not use to handle or transfer human food.
Weight 1 pail (5 lbs.) - 5.43 lbs.
1 pail (10 lbs.) - 11.00 lbs.
1 Pail (30 lbs.) - 31.40 lbs.
UPC # 853215000019 for 5 lbs.
853215000118 for 10 lbs.
853215000125 for 30 lbs.
EPA Reg No 72500-9 Manufacturer Scimetrics Ltd. Corp
- Product Label & SDS
Additional Resources : Always refer actual packages for complete Label Verbiage This information was provided to Pest control products Depot by Manufacturer. The Pest control products Depot makes no claims or warranties to its accuracy. The product label, Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and supporting Product documents are current to the best of our knowledge. No Guarantee is either expressed or implied by the seller beyond that indicated by the registrant of the products advertised herein.
Always read and follow actual package for complete label verbiage. This product may not yet be available or approved for sale or use in your area.
Why is it important to read pesticide labels before using pesticides?
Pesticide labels contain detailed information on how to use the product correctly and legally. Labels also contain information on potential hazards associated with the product and instructions you should follow in the event of a poisoning or spill. Following label instructions will allow you to minimize the risks and maximize the benefits.
Keep these tips in mind:
- Always read the label carefully before you buy a product and make sure the product is intended for your specific use.
- Use the appropriate amount of pesticide for your job. Applying more pesticide than the label directions indicate can waste money and may harm people, pets or the environment. It may even be less effective at controlling the pest.
- Do not assume a pesticide purchased for one type of treatment can be used in another setting without first checking the label; many pesticides have similar names and ingredients despite being intended for very different uses.
- Buy only what you need. Storing and disposing of leftover pesticides can lead to unnecessary risks. Review the storage and disposal section of the label for information on how the product should be stored and disposed of, including the empty container.
- Re-read the label before using or re-using a pesticide, don't rely on your memory.
- Do not use pesticides in any manner other than those specifically listed on the label; it is against the law.
- Never remove a pesticide label from the container, or use unlabeled pesticides.
- Store all pesticides safely out of reach of children and pets.
Pesticide labels answer the following questions:
- Ingredients: What's in the product?
- Signal word: How toxic is the product?
- Precautionary statements: How can the product be used safely?
- First aid information: What should I do if it gets in my eyes, mouth, lungs or on my skin?
- Environmental hazards: What special restrictions are placed on this product to protect the environment?
- Personal protective equipment (PPE): What should I wear? Should I use gloves when I use this product?
- Directions for use: How and where should I use the product? How much is okay?
- Storage and disposal: How does the product have to be stored? What should I do with leftovers that I don't need?
- Manufacturer's contact information: How can I get in touch with the company?
- Phone number: Where can I get more information about this product?
- EPA Registration number: What is the unique product number?
Consult your local cooperative extension service office for recommendations suitable for your area.
Source: National Pesticide Information Center
Kaput - D Pocket Gopher Bait Label Kaput - D Pocket Gopher Bait SDS
No reviews yet.
Only users who bought product can write review.
Only users who bought product can write review.